Call for Proposals
ECLAP 2012 International Conference on Information Technologies for Performing Arts, Media Access and Entertainment
7-9 May 2012, Florence, Italy
Conference Web-Page: http://www.eclap.eu/conference
Call for Proposals, Deadline: 1 February, 2012.
The Information Technology age has facilitated many significant changes in the field of cultural heritage and continues to offer itself as a dynamic and exciting medium through which new possibilities perpetually emerge. This wave of change has had particularly significant consequences in the field of the Performing Arts, where a vast array of possibilities for digital content fruition continue to reveal themselves, constantly opening the doors to new and as-yet-unexplored synergies. Many technological developments concerning digital libraries, media entertainment and education are now fully developed and ready to be exported, applied, utilized and cultivated by the public.
The ECLAP 2012 conference is open to researchers, professionals, industries, institutions, technicians, practitioners in the area of performing arts and information technologies, media entertainment, technology enhanced learning, intelligent media systems, acoustic systems, cultural heritage, and many others. The ECLAP conference aims to function as a forum in which progress-oriented individuals and institutions within the aforementioned fields can find a place to collaborate and present results. We cordially invite all interested groups and individuals to submit proposals or papers. Each exhibition section of the event offers settings (booth and tables) to host demonstrators. Demo and poster sessions will be also organized.
The ECLAP 2012 conference has confirmed a keynote-speaker lineup consisting of some of the most salient voices in the field and is currently looking to put together a set of workshops, sessions and panels that will conform to our standard of excellence. The conference will be constituted of selected top-level papers/proposals, which will be published in the proceedings by the Florence University Press, complete with ISBN, and promoted in the most relevant indexing engines.
Topics of the General track on Performing Arts, Media Access and Entertainment include, but are not limited to:
• Indexing and search, filtering, information retrieval
• Cross media and multimedia mining
• Media Annotations and tagging, solutions and interfaces
• Mobile solutions and tools
• Cloud based mobile solutions
• Creative technologies
• Sentiment analysis
• Multimodal interactive systems
• Recommendations and suggestions
• Media grid processing and semantic computing
• IPR management and business models
• Data and media protection
• Linked Open Data and Media, aggregated media
• Intelligent information management
• Personalization and profiling, user behavior analysis
• Live Performance technologies and solutions
• Emotion recognition and exploitation
• Audio processing and tools for large events and installations
• Video analysis, indexing and summarization
• Social media technologies and solutions
• Story telling models and tools
• 3D and 4D technologies and tools
• Brain interfaces and interactions
• Collective intelligence analysis and exploitation
• Augmented reality solutions
• Multilingual and natural language processing
• Collaborative and cooperative systems
• Metadata quality, mapping and ingestion models and tools
• Speech processing and understanding
• Content production models and tools
Proposals will be subjected to the review and selection of the ECLAP Program Committee members.
Proposals (for all the sessions and workshops) should be no longer than six pages and presented in the standard, two-column ECLAP format. A template can be found through the following link: http://www.eclap.eu/drupal/files/ECLAP-paper-template-A4-ver2.doc
Submissions should be original and not submitted and/or published in other journals or conferences. Please e-mail them in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only the papers accepted by the Program Committee will be presented at the ECLAP 2012.
Papers will be published in the proceedings by the Florence University Press, complete with ISBN.
• Submission of papers to the general track: 1 February 2012
• Submission of papers to the Workshops/Sections: 1 February 2012
• Response to the Authors: 15 February 2012
• Camera ready version in PDF with the correct format: 3 March 2012
• Conference: 7-9, May 2012
For info: email@example.com or visit the ECLAP portal http://www.eclap.eu
main conference page: http://www.eclap.eu/conference
Add a Comment